In Choi Kwang Do, the development of mental strength and a positive attitude is important for all students. The Student Oath and Principles were established to help serve this purpose and are recited at the start of each class. All students are expected to apply the statements within the Oath and Principles to their lives, both in and out of the Choi Kwang Do class, on a daily basis.
The Children’s Promise
- To always do my best and never give up
- To obey my parents and teachers
- To tell the truth and honour my word
- To always be polite
- To never misuse what I learn in class
The Principles of Choi Kwang Do
Freedom from pride or arrogance.
To be honest, not to deceive or cheat.
To be gracious and kind, not harsh and stern.
Never stop trying to achieve your goals.
- Self Control
Never lose your temper.
- Unbreakable Spirit
Never give up in any task you are set.
The Adult Pledge
- To set positive goals and strive to achieve them
- To apply self discipline to further my personal development
- To stand for justice and honour my word
- To promote friendly relationships among all people
- To use what I learn in class in a constructive manner